Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nisan V: The Little Seed That Could

...of seeds and personal growth (I believe it's told in the name of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach).

A seed’s soliloquy

hey wait a minute, what are you doing to me?

Why are you putting me in this hole and covering me with dirt?

It's dark down here, I can't see anything.

I am surrounded by all sides by this brown gritty stuff

Oh my gosh, what's happening, I am falling apart.

My shell is disintegrating, I am unspiraling

Help me, please, somebody, get me out of here

…and then just when its get's unbearable and you think it's the end of the road.....

The seed sprouts and bursts above ground...and from my observations, the growth is always upwards.


I will exalt you Hashem, for you have drawn me up (Psalm 30)


Don't be scared when the times get hard, it's just the growing pains. Sometimes it's a dark, scary, lonely place. Embrace it as a time of personal growth and coming into your beautiful selves. Leaving Egypt was not easy. Don’t be disillusioned into thinking it was. Slavery is nice and comfortable, but if we stay in the safe zone all the time, we deprive ourselves the opportunity to grow into a tree.


This parable was told be Leah Golomb in her Nisan Rosh Chodesh lecture. This woman absolutely rocks my world. I try to attend her classes whenever possible. Not only is she brilliant and a Torah scholar like-whoah, but she is real and connected above and below. This is her link if you are interested in listening to any of her classes http://www.leahgolomb.com/index.php#)


No comments: